Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finally Got The Machine

I finally got my Brothers CS-6000i sewing machine last week and I have to say I love it to bits. It's not the typical 600 dollars sewing machine that you buy from a sewing machine store. The CS-6000i is a sewing machine that's manufactured for commercial stores like Walmart, Target and Costco which is usually dubbed as the low grade sewing machine. 

I'm still very much a noob when it comes to operating a sewing machine and I just started my little softie making business thus I'm not ready to spend 600 bucks on a machine that I don't know if I'm capable of operating. So I did my homework, googling up every possible sewing machine guides and forums that I can find. Alas, I decided on getting the CS-6000i (only $176.87) as it has so many positive reviews and is even featured in one of the guides as the sewing machine of the year.

My first very own sewing machine named CuteBot 1.0

The CS-6000i is a 60 stitch computerized sewing machine with a wide variety of built-in utility, decorative and heirloom stitches. The feature that I love most has to be the 1-step bobbin replacement with quick set drop-in bobbin. Bobbin replacement was a nightmare in one of those homemaking class back in highschool using those black giant old sewing machine (my mother in law still has one stored in the shed :O) . It always ended with bunch up threads whenever I sew. Not a problem anymore. Even upper threading is made easy with this machine. No more eye popping when I attempt to put the thread through that tiny little hole.

Surprisingly the CS-6000i is very stable and quiet even though it's lightweight. That way I don't have to worry about waking MoofMoof up when I work late into the night. Here's the first little guy that I've made using the CS-6000i. Only 50% of it is machine stitched. Decoratives and piecing of the parts are hand stitched. 

PickAPak stands at approximately 4 inches

No comments: